Feb 3, 2012 Summertime is upon us, and here at JD’s A/C we want to help you stay in the know on how to improve the effectiveness of your A/C unit! Here are some simple
May 20, 2018
No matter what type of residence you have in Longview, Texas, it’s important to operate the most efficient HVAC unit. Due to the sweltering summer heat and cooler winter months, you need a unit that remains cost-effective. When you move into a new building, make sure your HVAC unit has the superior quality needed to run properly and keep everyone comfortable. Consider these models and tips to keep your building at a consistent temperature year-round:
Before you select your new HVAC unit, it’s important to keep some considerations in mind. Perhaps the most important decision is to determine what size unit to install. If you opt for one that is too large for your space, you’ll overpay on installation and operation. You should also make sure the unit is energy efficient and meets government standards.
In addition, you should check the HVAC system’s life cycle costs. Just because a unit is cheaper doesn’t mean it’ll save you money.
This air conditioner provides you with long-term energy savings. It operates at 72 decibels and has a compression sound blanket.
When it comes to its Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER), this unit has a ratio of 16. The SEER rating tells you how efficiently a unit operates. The higher the SEER, the more energy efficient the unit. New units boast a minimum SEER of 14, while the high-efficiency units can reach 26. This unit offers long-term energy savings, thanks to its non-ozone depleting refrigerant and R cooling efficiency.
Offering up to 17 SEER cooling efficiency, this air conditioning system offers two-stage compression that provides ultimate comfort. With enhanced humidity and temperature control, it also includes a dehumidification feature. It also includes a filter drier system that protects it from moisture and contaminants.
Although you may worry about staying cool more than staying warm in Longview, you still need an energy-efficient heating system for your space. This energy-efficient furnace offers comfort through its Ideal Humidity System technology as well as its multi-speed blower. It improves the summer dehumidification that an air conditioner or a heat pump offers. The unit can enhance SEER levels if you pair it with the right cooling system. It periodically stops when hooked up to the ‘Constant ON’ mode to allow cooling condensation to drain away.
The unit also offers 96.5 annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE). Similar to the SEER rating in air conditioners or heat pumps, the AFUE determines a unit’s efficiency. This means that it converts 96.5 percent of its fuel to heat with the remaining 3.5 percent to waste.
Older, low-efficiency heating systems can have an AFUE as low as 56 percent. The newer, more energy-efficient models can have an AFEU of up to 98.5 percent.
Once you determine which type of HVAC unit works best in your space, consider adding automatic controls. A programmable thermostat can reduce heating and cooling costs by operating only when you’re in the building. You can also set it a few degrees cooler in the winter and warmer in the summer to maximize savings.
Smart thermostats are another option that allows you to program the HVAC system through your smartphone. You can program the thermostat much like a programmable mode. But, in addition, you can set up specific routines and download data to make sure you achieve the results you’re looking for.
No matter the size of your building is in the Longview area, you should have the most efficient HVAC system in order to keep your space cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Adding programmable or wireless thermostats can also help you achieve cost-effective and comfortable results. For more information or to schedule an HVAC installation, reach out to JD’s AirNow by calling (903) 759-7483.
Image provided by Shutterstock
How Does My Heat Pump Work, and What are the Benefits? Feb 26, 2020 If you have a heat pump in your Hallsville, Texas, home, you know that it keeps your house cool in the
Feb 3, 2012 Do you want to increase the comfort levels in your Gilmer, Texas, home and save money on energy bills? If so, consider HVAC zoning. Let’s look at what HVAC zoning is and