Warning Signs and the Potential risks of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Dec 30, 2011

Carbon monoxide, or carbonous oxide, is a silent gas that is extremely deadly to all oxygen-dependent life forms. Carbon monoxide tolerance levels range in human beings, however, an exposure of one hundred p.p.m. (parts per millionth) or greater is viewed as dangerous. Carbon monoxide regularly infiltrates our lives through automobiles, machines driven by gas, free-standing heaters, heaters, stoves as well as burners. We easily and without knowing draw this toxic, odorless gas in through our lungs.

A mild exposure to carbon monoxide can produce mild signs and symptoms of bewilderment, wooziness, headache, giddiness along with an influenza sensation. Much larger exposures, as well as exposures for a longer period of time, are incredibly toxic to the central nervous system, the cardiovascular system, and generates hypoxia (a lack of quantity of oxygen to reach the body’s tissues). The poisoning produced by carbon monoxide is dangerous. Chronic exposure to low levels is just as hazardous in the long-term often creating sadness, as well as decline of memory. Serious birth defects in the infants of women who were exposed to harmful amounts of carbon monoxide throughout their pregnancy are a great danger as well.

The reduction of carbon monoxide poisoning is an important public health concern. Fortunately, the elimination of carbon monoxide poisoning is easily prevented by early detection of carbonous oxide gas through the use of a carbon monoxide alarm (CO detector). This reasonably inexpensive device is located near the floor, or near the ceiling, and developed to warn us of its discovery of carbon monoxide by alarm. On average, a CO sensor has a life-span of seven years prior to replacing. However, that does not include things like a simple battery replacement. Carbon monoxide alarms are mandatory in new construction.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on linkedin

Ways To Lower Humidity In Your Home

Feb 3, 2012 Having excess moisture in your home has been proven to cause unsavory issues within the four walls of your home, such as mold or other water-related damages. When you lower the humidity

Read More »

What Is The Best Unit For Your Home?

Feb 3, 2012 Here at JD’s A/C, we want to provide our customers with the best our industry has to offer, that is why we proudly offer our customers, Carrier the American made brand.  Willis

Read More »
Call Now Button